Are oils good for oily hair?
- Although oily hair is not preferred to use a lot of oils with it, because it secretes natural oils from it to a large extent
- However, castor oil in particular is one of the best natural oils that can be used for oily hair because it solves many of the problems it is exposed to
- In general, castor oil is used on oily hair to treat the problem of dandruff and fungi
- In addition to some other oils that are useful for oily hair, including coconut oil, tea tree oil, and argan oil
- These oils help to give oily hair vitamin E that nourishes it and protects it from heat if used frequently
- It helps get rid of dandruff and hair insects, prevents breakage, increases hair density and moisturizes at the same time.
When does castor oil start working for hair?
- It is known that natural oils are the best for hair because they do not cause any damage to the scalp or any negative symptoms
- But the problem may be that its results do not appear from the first use and you need to follow it for some time to get the best results
- That is why castor oil must be continued on the hair long enough so that the result can be observed
- And after many experiences of users who confirmed that the result begins to appear after or a week of use
- The hydration and shine caused by this oil appear after only one week
- But in the case of using it to grow hair or protect it from falling and increase its density
- The result can begin to appear after two weeks of regular use
- You will notice small hairs starting to grow.
Also know: How to lighten hair without damage
Best oil for oily hair falling out
- Certainly, castor oil is the best for oily hair in the problem of hair loss
- Because it helps stimulate blood circulation in the scalp, thus strengthening the follicles and protecting them from falling and splitting
- In addition to increasing the shine and moisturizing the hair and helping to maintain its color from graying and the appearance of white hairs
- But there are also other types of oils that can be used on oily hair to protect it from falling
- Such as jojoba oil, which helps to get rid of fungi and secretions that cause clogged pores and thus hair loss
- As well as tea tree oil, which contains natural anti-dandruff for the scalp and protects it from fungi and thus protects against hair loss
- Wheat germ oil is also very nourishing and beneficial for oily hair and helps in giving it vitamins and nutrients that strengthen it and protect it from falling out.
- In addition to fenugreek oil and sesame oil, it is one of the best nourishing oils for oily hair.
Castor oil side effects for hair
- Castor oil is a natural oil that does not cause any harm when used
- But like any substance, overuse can cause harm
- It should be used no more than three times a week
- It is necessary to test it on a very small area before applying it completely
- This is to ensure that there is no allergy to it
- Symptoms of an allergic reaction are rash, redness, and itching
- It is better if it is distributed on the hair not to put castor oil in the area behind the ears and neck
- Excessive use causes side effects such as skin irritation
- It is always preferable to mix castor oil with a group of other natural oils because it is considered one of the dense oils.
Also know: Dry shampoo alternatives at home
How to use castor oil for hair
You can make a mixture of a group of natural oils and the steps are as follows:
- Mix equal amounts of castor oil, sesame oil, sweet almond oil and coconut oil
- And it is possible to add a vitamin E capsule to help nourish the hair more
- These oils are heated in a water bath or in the microwave for only 10 seconds until they become warm
- Increasing the heat of the oils helps in better flow to the scalp
- With the fingertips, the oils are distributed on the scalp with a gentle massage and in circular motions to make a scalp massage with oils
- Leave these oils on the hair for an hour and cover the hair with a shower cap
- Then wash the hair with lukewarm water and the appropriate shampoo for the type of hair.