Banana is the fruit of everyone without exception, and with its distinctive taste, ease of eating and low value, many people are looking for the number of calories in bananas to avoid gaining weight, or for its impact on the health status of the body, so let’s get acquainted with the average calorie content in bananas.
calories in banana
Despite the different types of banana fruit in terms of size and shape sometimes, they do not differ in the rate of calories, although there is a slight discrepancy in the rate of banana calories according to the size of the fruit, and preparing a plate of mashed bananas will, of course, be higher in the percentage of calories present In general, the calorie rate in bananas can be calculated in the following way:
- Small banana size less than 100 g: (70-90) calories.
- The size of a medium banana from 100-130 g: (100-120) calories.
- The size of a large banana, more than 130 g: (120-125) calories.
- A cup of mashed bananas 220 g: about 200 calories.
- 150 gm cup of sliced bananas: 135 calories.
Read also: what is the military diet ?
Nutritional value in banana fruit 100 grams
- Dietary fiber: 12.23 grams
- Sugar: 2.6 grams
- Fat: 0.33 grams
- Potassium: 358 mg
- Magnesium: 27 mg
- Protein: 1.09 grams
- Vitamin B6: 0.4 mg
- Vitamin C: 8.7 mg
- Manganese: 0.27 mg
Read also: what is the fodmap diet ?
Carbohydrates in bananas
Many believe that bananas are one of the richest fruits in carbohydrates, which makes them an undesirable fruit in many diets, but the fact of the matter is that the banana fruit is a moderate fruit in terms of its carbohydrate rate, as well as the rate of calories in bananas is normal with not eating more than two fruits Two medium size or one large fruit per day. As for the percentage of carbohydrates in bananas, they are:
- Calories in a small banana less than 100 g: 20 grams of carbohydrates.
- The number of calories in a medium-sized banana from 100-130 g: 25 grams.
- The number of calories in a large banana more than 130 g: 30-35 grams.
- Calories in a cup of mashed bananas 220 g: 50 grams.
- Calories in a 150gm cup of sliced bananas: 30g.
calories in green bananas
The percentage of calories in a green, immature banana is less than that of a yellow banana, so the calories in a medium-sized green banana can be equivalent to the percentage in a small yellow banana, so the yellow banana can be replaced with green if you stick to a diet, adding it to a cup of Oats or with other fruit slices.
Read also: What foods are not allowed on the DASH diet?
How many calories are in banana pudding?
Banana pudding is one of the delicious dishes for adults and children alike, but when calculating the calories in bananas, especially in banana pudding, we find it high. A 100-gram dish contains more than 160 calories, and about 30 grams of carbohydrates, and therefore it is preferable not to eat a lot of banana pudding Especially if you want to lose weight.
What is the percentage of calories in bananas with milk?
The percentage of calories in bananas does not vary according to how you eat it. Mixing a medium-sized banana with a cup of milk will give you the average of the calories of banana and milk together, so it is preferable not to add bananas to high-calorie items such as sugar , candy, etc.
Read also: Paleo diet for weight loss
Are bananas suitable for the diet?
It is one of the fruits rich in nutrients necessary for the body and its vital functions, such as potassium, fiber, protein, as well as fatty acids, but the high number of calories in bananas and the fact that it contains an amount of sugar, makes it one of the fruits that should be eaten with caution in the diet, so it is preferable not to eat more than one banana One a day, and avoid drinking juices with added bananas, and banana dessert dishes as well.
Read also: What do you eat on a BRAT diet?
The most important health benefits of bananas
There are many benefits that bananas provide to the body, due to their richness in vitamins and antioxidants, the most important of which are the following:
- Containing potassium and magnesium, bananas are a very useful fruit in protecting against heart disease and preventing clogged arteries. Studies have shown that bananas protect by 27% of heart diseases.
- Helps in losing weight: Bananas are rich in fiber in the form of starch and pectin, which slow down the digestion process, and it is a snack that eliminates hunger with fewer calories.
- Protects against insomnia and helps relax: Bananas contain vitamin B6, which makes it contribute to a person’s better sleep, in addition to the ratio of magnesium and the amino acid tryptophan, which is a supplement for the treatment of insomnia.
- Fights type 2 diabetes : The starch in bananas has the ability to increase insulin sensitivity when eaten regularly, by 40% to 50%, and it is preferable to eat green bananas for diabetics because it contains a greater proportion of starch.
- Promote kidney health: Those who eat bananas daily regularly, are less likely to develop kidney diseases, and this is because bananas are rich in potassium, magnesium and vitamin B6.
- The antioxidants in bananas protect the body from free radical damage, thus reducing the risks of heart disease and certain types of cancers.
Read also: what is an anti inflammatory diet
Thus, it calculates the average amount of calories in bananas as well as carbohydrates; It can be said that it is important to eat bananas in the diet without harming it, but with not eating too much, with a maximum of one medium-sized banana per day