Pepsi diet for diet between the benefits and harms
Many people resort to drinking Diet Pepsi while following the diet; Since it is considered zero calories; What prompts some to drink large quantities of it, without feeling anxious, but there are benefits and harms, which must be recognized first of all, let us address them.
Is Diet Pepsi sugar free?
Soft drinks are witnessing a heavy demand by many that are not matched by any other drink, so is there a relationship between drinking it and dieting as in the relationship between Nescafe and diet ? This is what we will learn later, in this topic.
But the question here is: Is Diet Pepsi free of sugar? Follow me on the following lines.
We often hear the phrase “carbonated drinks are harmful to health,” which is why many people resort to drinking sugar-free soda water. They thought it was less harmful, but a lot of research has proven that the diet Pepsi, called Diet, is also harmful to health.
And the German “Fox” website stated in a report that phosphoric acid affects the surface part of the tooth, in the first 10 minutes of drinking sugar-free soda water.
At the same time, the body absorbs “aspartame”, an artificial sugar that is found in abundance in Diet Pepsi in particular, which makes the taste buds send information and signals to body parts, informing him that he drank a drink full of sugars.
Studies have also confirmed that eating artificial sugar “aspartame” makes the body secrete a lot of the hormone insulin.
see also: what is the noom diet ?
According to the German “Galileo” website, the body cannot get rid of the large amount of insulin it produced; Because aspartame is an artificial sugar.
The same site also published that this type of soft drink causes worsening problems in the blood vessels, and increases the chance of developing type 2 diabetes.
It also increases the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Pepsi Diet Keto
Is Diet Pepsi allowed? Or is it forbidden in the keto diet? To answer this question, we will elaborate on the following lines with the most important information in this regard.
Diet Pepsi is free from the following:
Perhaps the absence of such nutrients comes on top of the requirements of the keto diet.
However, it contains other compounds, which make it worse than fruit juice, as well as regular Pepsi.
The reason for this is to sweeten sugar-free soft drinks with the industrial “aspartame”, which necessarily harms human health.
Therefore, Diet Pepsi is completely prohibited on the keto diet.
Unsweetened soft drinks for diet
It is a soft drink, losing regular sugar, and therefore missing carbohydrates and calories, as its nutritional value is as follows:
- Fat: zero.
- Protein: zero.
- Carbohydrates: zero.
- Sodium: 40 g.
- Fiber: zero.
Therefore, Diet Pepsi does not contain any nutritional value; Because it basically consists of the following:
- Potassium citrate.
- Carbonated water.
- Caramel coloring.
- phosphoric acid.
- Natural flavors.
- citric acid;
You Might Like: tom brady diet plan
is diet pepsi bad for your teeth
Aspartame causes many diseases, including:
- Alzheimer’s disease.
- Parkinson’s disease.
The difference between diet and regular Pepsi
The difference between diet and regular Pepsi, is specifically the sweeteners, but the rest of the ingredients are common.
Diet Pepsi is primarily made with aspartame, while regular Pepsi is high in fructose and corn syrup, in addition to sugar.
Disadvantages of unsweetened soft drinks
Unsweetened soft drinks have many harms, most notably:
- According to the American Academy of Neurology, drinking four or more cans of Diet Pepsi a day increases the risk of depression by 30%.
- Consuming a can of unsweetened soft drink increases the risk of stroke and heart attack by 43%.
- The unsweetened soft drink contains the sugar aspartame, which has compounded negative effects on human health. Because it increases the chances of getting cancer; Therefore, it was discontinued in several companies in America.
- Several American studies have shown that drinking an unsweetened soft drink daily increases the risk of kidney disease.
- Research has shown the relationship between eating a lot and excessive consumption of unsweetened soft drinks, which has proven to be a major factor in weight gain, obesity, and the resulting aggravated diseases.
- An unsweetened soft drink is known to be acidic, and this causes tooth enamel to erode.