What are the benefits of thyme water for hair? And how can you use it? What other ways may thyme benefit hair? The most important information in the following article.
Let us know the following about the benefits of thyme water for hair, how to use it, and some other important information:
Benefits of thyme water for hair
There may be many potential benefits of thyme water for hair, here is a list of the most prominent of them as follows:
- Stimulating and activating the follicles, which may help to re-grow hair .
- Treating dandruff, or alleviating the symptoms associated with it.
- Improving the bad smell of the scalp , which may result from contamination of the scalp with some types of bacteria.
- Strengthening blood circulation in the scalp, which may help nourish the follicles and intensify hair, whether when using thyme water for hair or when using thyme essential oil.
The benefits of thyme water for hair and the benefits of thyme oil for hair are often attributed to the following:
- Thyme has natural antiseptic and antifungal properties.
- Thyme contains nutrients useful for the scalp and hair follicles, such as: magnesium and potassium .
How to use thyme water for hair
You can get the benefits of thyme water for hair by following one of the following methods:
Thyme hair wash
To prepare thyme hair wash, follow these steps:
- Prepare the following ingredients:
- 7 teaspoons of dry thyme.
- Two cups of water .
- Boil the ingredients together on the stove for 10 minutes.
- Remove the boiled thyme water from the heat, then leave it to cool slightly.
- Filter the water from the thyme.
- Use the resulting thyme water as a hair rinse in the final rinse after shampooing.
Thyme tea for hair
Thyme tea can be used as a hair rinse to treat dandruff in particular.
You can set it up and use it by following these steps:
- Prepare the following ingredients:
- A teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Two cups of water.
- A teaspoon of honey.
- Heat the water over the fire, and when the water reaches the boiling point, add the dried thyme to it and let the mixture boil over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove the thyme tea from the heat, and leave it aside until its temperature drops.
- Strain the tea from the thyme leaves into a side bowl.
- Add honey to the tea if you like.
- Take advantage of thyme tea either by drinking it for its potential health benefits, or by washing your hair with it.
Other ways to use thyme for hair
In addition to the benefits of thyme water for hair, thyme has many potential benefits for hair, and you can obtain the benefits of this potential herb for the scalp and hair of the head in several other different ways, as follows:
Thyme essential oil
Applying thyme essential oil topically to the scalp may help stimulate new hair growth , as this type of essential oil may contain natural substances that may help increase the amount of blood that reaches the follicles, prevent hair loss, and relieve or treat alopecia.
To use thyme essential oil for hair, follow these steps:
- Add two drops of thyme essential oil to two tablespoons of a carrier oil.
- Massage your scalp with the resulting mixture, and leave it on your hair for 10 minutes.
- Clean your scalp and hair as usual with shampoo.
Thyme leaf wash with apple cider vinegar and herbs
The use of this type of natural hair wash may help improve the health and appearance of hair, due to its potential ability to get rid of the dirt accumulated on the surface of the scalp, soften the hair and add luster to it, and promote hair growth.
To apply and use this recipe make sure to apply the following:
- Prepare these ingredients first:
- A quarter cup of dried rosemary .
- A quarter cup of dried thyme.
- A quarter cup of dried violets.
- Two tablespoons of hibiscus flowers.
- 2 – 3 cups of natural apple cider vinegar.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a deep container, then pour the vinegar over the herbal mixture.
- Close the package well and shake it slightly.
- Leave the bottle in a dark place, and shake it every few days, making sure to add more apple cider vinegar if you see a drop in the amount of vinegar in the bottle, so that the vinegar soaks in all the ingredients all the time.
- Open the package after two weeks, and then filter the liquid from the herbs.
- Use the lotion formed by mixing a cup of it with a cup of water and then rinse the hair with the mixture and leave it on the scalp and hair for 1-2 minutes, after that you can wash the hair with normal water.
Damage to thyme water for hair
Thyme water or oil is generally safe when applied topically to the hair and scalp, but use by some people can cause irritation and may lead to skin sensitivity.
Other herbs useful for hair
In addition to thyme, you can use many other herbs to improve hair health and intensify it , such as:
- Chamomile: To nourish the hair and calm the scalp, and to reap its potential benefits, wash the hair with chamomile tea after shampooing.
- Nettle: To combat hair loss and strengthen blood circulation in the scalp, and to obtain its benefits, grind nettle leaves and mix them with a little olive oil and apply the mixture on the scalp.
- Neem herb: to clean the scalp and resist dandruff, and to benefit from this herb, mash its fresh leaves until you get a homogeneous paste, then apply the paste to the roots of the hair.
- Other herbs: These may include Shikakai , Reetha, Brahmi, and Mint.